Imagine stepping into a painting and discovering what’s inside…
We all look at images but how many of us try to discover the stories behind them? Magic Lantern sessions will invite the whole class to see things differently and work out what’s going on for themselves.
We work with children of all ages, from Early Years to A-level, and adapt each session to the particular age and needs of the group.
- Take a journey around the world from London to Europe, India, Africa, Japan and beyond
- Travel back in time to see what life was like in the time of the Tudors, the Victorians or the Blitz
- Conjure up the sounds, smells, thrills and spills of the Ancient Greek Olympics
- Hear incredible stories and tell some of your own
- Meet an exciting cast of characters that make us begin to look at ourselves in a new way
The presentation delivery was excellent with detailed subject knowledge pitched well for the pupils’ age range. Thank you! There are many elements which I can now explore in my teaching to extend the children’s learning.
Teacher, London Borough of Barnet
Magic Lantern sessions will:
- Introduce art as a learning tool across the whole curriculum from Nursery to Year 13
- Promote critical and creative thinking
- Give multiple opportunities for speaking and listening and using observational skills
- Help children learn to enjoy famous works of art and bring them to life
- Involve everyone in the classroom
- Inspire children to create their own follow-on masterpieces
Cost: £50 per session in all state schools; book six and get one free. Our session prices include travel and administrative costs and all equipment and materials. In many areas we are able to offer free sessions thanks to generous donations from charitable foundations and private individuals. Please enquire to see whether your borough is covered.
A fantastic workshop engaging all the children, including those who struggle with the curriculum.
Teacher, London Borough of Greenwich